Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Wife was up puking all night. Our friend brought her dog over and my wife watched it chase down and murder our old cat that we've had for 19 years. I buried it. There was a lot of bawling, blaming, and squalling.

Another friend calls me yesterday saying they are staking out with the cops the home of a mutual friend of ours (J) who text messaged us all saying he's got a rifle in the other room - threatening to kill himself. I think he's off his meds again.

I got stood up for a movie date by my two friends. (They bought Adena flowers - that was really nice.) Add to this the memories of the death of our baby daughter this time of year (Mother's day - 24 years ago) and I call my mom and wish her a happy mother's day but end up being chided for not going to church that morning. (I was up most the night.)

I feel guilty, but I'm tired already so it doesn't matter much. Life is like that, huh?

Happy Mother's Day all!

2 comments:

  1. Mother's day is a day to expect to be mothered.This means the very thing you wish hadn't happened. It was shall we say inevitable.
    Bad things happen to all of us. I am sorry, very sorry, truly sorry. I just got to meet the family and your friends and pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta be fucking kidding me...

    ReplyDelete