Thursday, February 10, 2005

Zapping Myself and Buying Groceries with Famous People

I've got my copper wires and gadetry set-up like the lady in the blog entry below described. This is supposed to zap internal parasites in my body and cleanse my liver. The author says I'll poop out these lumpy green deposits. I hope this works so I can get back to drinking beer again. I'll let you know how it all comes out.

Oh, by the way, I was standing in line at the grocery store the other day and low and behold standing next to me was Robert Earl Keen, the Texas famed singer-songwriter. He was shuffling around with a People magazine (which he bought) trying not to get noticed. I had to have a price check on my dozen limes I was picking up for Adena to brew up margaritas so I let him go ahead of me so I could chit-chat.

I mentioned to him what I was doing, kind of happy that my evening was going to be fun. As he put down his few groceries which included a bundle of "instant" fireplace logs (I could see he was in for a dull evening) he turned to me and in a kinda sad poetic voice just murmured, "Yeah .... the things we do. The things we do."

1 comment: