Monday, July 25, 2005

Writing a proper query...

I came to me desktop this morning (Monday) to find my "note to self" on how to start where I left off Friday (I'm a software programmer by trade). My note was:



// ***************************************

// build sql string and insert here

// ***************************************



which essentially means "do all the proper thinking to frame the question into understandable syntax". And I realize that this is not what I'm good at - posing the question well. If I could do that I could get good answers.



It seems life for me has just been one long attempt to just get the question right. Somehow naively, I'm convinced that if I can just get the question right, then I can get the answers to everything I want to know and understand - about God, the universe, our histories, our destinies and the meanings of life.



Gee, am I a nit-wit or what?



Instead of programming (this stupid computer), I go and read some of Josh's great blogging with

links to depressing articles about how creative people we admire are really just 8th grade educated automatons of idiotic cults.



Again, I'm almost convinced that I may never be able to phrase up the questions properly - and even worse - that it probably doesn't matter.



Does anybody out there know how to write a proper query?











1 comment:

  1. "Does anybody out there know how to write a proper query?"

    This is a query : )... oh, you mean a sql query....what kind? All kinds? Remember, you either select, add/insert, update, or delete database records. Would you like an example of each type in generic syntax (i.e. ANSI)?

    ReplyDelete