Tuesday, October 4, 2005


I finally went and got my driver's license updated.... i had been driving around without the correct address on it and that's a bad thing... actually, i got throwed in jail already for it once - indirectly... no, wait... i was directly thrown in jail, but it was because i indirectly didn't update my license... and so i went to jail because they couldn't mail me and to let me know that my license was suspended for not paying a surcharge that i didn' know about. i didn't know about it because they will not forward mail to my present address and will only send it to old addresses... since i didn't update my license, i went to jail... make sense? ... to me neither... that's the Amercan justice system for you... screw up and go to jail and we're proud of it!

Anyway, i got the picture from my best friend who every once in a while spams me with the latest funny thing that he and everybody he knows emailed around to each other.... here is the funny story attached... (i didn't want to spam-mail my friends, so i blogged it instead, giving me a chance to quickly google for a driver's license and cut n' paste some wasted time here at work...

A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.
The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"
"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.
"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" the man asked.
"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."
"Will you spend this on greens fees at a golf course instead of food?" the man asked.
"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in 20 years!"
"Will you spend the money on a woman in the red light district instead of food?" the man asked.
"What disease would I get for ten lousy bucks?" exclaimed the homeless man.
"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."
The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting."
The man replied, "That's okay. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up beer, fishing, golf, and sex."

No comments:

Post a Comment