Monday, November 7, 2005

Prisoner Discovers Oldest Christian Church

Razilo, who is serving a two-year sentence for traffic violations, was one of about 50 prisoners brought into the high-security Megiddo Prison...

This line is buried in the Yahoo story on the discovery of the oldest known Christian Church.


My only question is what the hell is someone doing hard labour in a maximum security prison for violating traffic laws? Did he run multiple red lights? A hit-and-run? A driving-while-intoxicated?


Is this a common occurance in Israel's justice system?


And yes, this does touch a sensitive nerve on my part. I was taken to county jail on my way to work one morning here in Hays County, Texas because I unknowingly owed some abstract surcharge (road tax) of $250 that the bureaucracy failed to mention to me. Good thing I wasn't in Israel. I'd be digging rocks and discovering artifacts for Israeli officials to gloat about.


Whiteboy sits in the American Kitchen and sez:
This could be you next

No comments:

Post a Comment