Tuesday, August 23, 2005

So you wanna own an American Bulldog?

I guess the problem with general descriptions of breeds is that the writers are always fans of the breed. Maybe descriptions of breeds should be written up by the people who actually work to get specific breeds adopted out.

American Bulldog Rescue has the fairest description of the breed that I've found yet. This is the kind of thought provoking simple essay that everyone should read before they buy a dog. Honest and clear and it made me feel guilty for not having worked with my bulldog more. Ouch... it touches home. A sign of good writing - from a person who cares about the actual dogs and has an incentive to tell you the truth.

The only thing they left out, was that my American Bulldog smells. I have to bathe her more than once a week, but I really don't know if that goes with the breed or not (but have a feeling it does.)

No comments:

Post a Comment