Monday, December 19, 2005

Christianity in a Post Modern Culture?

...before I go off on my study/tirade of stuff Jesus said, i've gotta point out this new flow of churchianity called the "emergent chuch." the chief criticism of it of late has come a baptist theologian here. Responses are now being made by what this theologian has tagged as the leaders of this emergent church. ...and just as i'm starting to learn that there is an emerging church they're thinking about changing the name.

...in reality it seems to be a movement trying to be inline with the emerging post-modern culture that we find ourselves in along with the technobabble "now-this" culture that goes with it... (huff huff... pant.. pant... i can't hardly keep up.)

...anyway, i don't even think i'll go round and around again in my mind of what Jesus said and did... i don't understand it. I don't understand Him... i try... i just don't ... what's the Kingdom of God? ...where is it? is it literal? is it just within me? is it yet to come? i've had answers on these things before, but i don't think i do now... but i think i can still answer my primary question... Can I be completely honest with myself and still be a Christian?

...if by "being a Christian" i mean being a follower and believer of what is the historical Jesus Christ and not being a member of some complex socio-cultural value-laden mostly protestant predominantly pop-cultured Americanish consumer society, then i can answer my long-blogging question to myself. Yes, i think i can. But it's still a movement of faith beyond the simply rationale. I can't explain it, but i don't feel intellectually compromised.

... i just believe, damn it! ...can't you just accept that?!

...and i'm not stupid!

(sorry - got a little hostile there)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment