Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blanco Brethren - 2nd Annual Intelligensia Beer Bash

Woo - hoo !!!!!

Blanco Brethren - 2nd Annual Intelligensia Christian Beer Bash
Coming up weekend of May 22, 23, 24 !!!!

First announcement:

Beer will be DEVIL'S BACKONE beer from Real Ale down the Blanco river in Blanco, Tx. A keg will be ready upon arrival of the intelligensia.


Devil's Backbone (spring release) draught only
Named for the scenic ridge that runs between Blanco and Wimberley, Devil's Backbone is a Belgian-style tripel. Czech Saaz hops and Belgian yeast give this ale its distinctive flavor and aroma. Candy sugar made in-house at the brewery adds strength without increasing heaviness. The result is a deceptively strong, pale golden ale.
ABV: 8.1%, IBU: 36, OG(plato): 18


Second announcement:

Friday we are planning an all day (hopefully one-way hike) to the bottom of the Narrow's. This is a 5 mile over rough rock terrain mixed with swimming to the most one of the most rugged middle-of-nowhere spots in Texas. Bring your hiking boots. Be ready to rough it.


Third announcement:

The only requirement on the agenda is we have to write and record us singing and playing guitars and other instruments (available here) ONE SONG.

We have to write it.

We have to record ourselves playing it.


Fourth announcement:

Everyone bring one meal please and appropriate equipment for personal comfort and saftey.


Call me, the Big Kahuna, if you have any questions.

3 comments:

  1. I'm purrrrrty pumped up and ready!! I am re-posting your blog on my my-space. I am already imagineing sippin' on the keg!! Tone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some ideas about the song.

    First off, it has to be a rap song. Preferably gangster rap. None of this Black Eyed Peas wannabe rap shit. And not that metal rap crap either. I'm thinking somewhere between old school Kool Moe Dee and the Getto Boyz.

    You feel me?

    Second, I'm the primary rapper. You guys can all chime in as "guest" rappers, but the whole production has to basically instill a sense of fear and awe about me. Like a Jay-Z joint sort of thing. You can have someone like Lil' Wayne show up and bring a few fresh syllables, but, ultimately, Jay-Z is the boss man, the prime architect. I think we all know this is my role.

    Finally, we should make it lavish. Lavish is the key word. I'm talking hot tubs and Chrystal. Bubbles. Lots of bubbles. Maybe even a boat. We dock a 40 foot boat up in that Blanco, and people will come from miles around to watch the spectacle.

    I think we can do this. You guys work on it and I'll show up Fri. afternoon with some attitude to spare and some fresh hot lyrics that will singe the hair on your ears biatches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow man.... that sounds even sweet for this white boy..... i'm on it...... we can use the rowboat and lava soap for the bubbles.... i got some bling-bling too.... nice little Nazi-cross Uncle Wendall picked off a dead guy in WWII.

    don't make me pop a cap in yo ass

    WB

    ReplyDelete