Friday, May 29, 2009

Need a Little More Physicality

Well, the 2nd Annual Blanco Brethren Intelligentsia Christian Beer Bash is over and has come off without a hitch. I super enjoyed the horse-shoe pitching contest, the chess tournament and watching the Nietzsche documentary. That sure stimulated a lot of late night deep thought, huh? I wish I'd of taken notes.

I was a little disappointed we didn't do anything much physical this year. So, I propose next year we plan on at least a little bit of rowdiness so our wives don't think we're gay.

I've come up with a list of injuries that I think we can shoot for and use as a gauge for this goal next year. Here's the list. I'll take items #2 - #4 and let you guys pick between the rest of them.

If you think this is too ambitious, please email me.

1. Fractured or dislocated shoulder
2. Cracked rib
3. Head wound/bruise from rolling down rocks
4. Well-scraped knee
5. Choking to near unconsciousness
6. Twisted ankle - preferably an ankle that's been reconstructed from a previous injury.... and preferably during the furthest point out on a long-ass wilderness journey like five miles from anything
7. Dog injury - something that requires vet attention
8. Close to death incident where someone falls out of a moving truck - preferably with some large heavy iron object that could bust your head open or break off a leg
9. Major chigger bite infestation - preferably concentrated in the groin area
10. Leg scrapes and cuts from hiking
11. Leg scrapes and cuts from falling over rocks
12. Leg and general body scrapes and bruises from a drunken brawl
13. Someone needs to fall into a large bed of cactus, roll around some, destroy the cactus, and not complain about all the needles embedded through-out - classic cartoon fun

6 comments:

  1. #6 and #9 are more to my liken...but #13 has to take the cake...I mean REALLLLLY, not one single complaint??? Tone

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..... i don't know who'd be able to get to do #13.... it'd have to be some real redneck trash that likes a little pain mixed with his wiskey.... if nobody wants this one, we could draw straws and push the brother in and roll him around ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to at least one of these items, but I'd rather avoid experiencing such. Joker Boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin is still pulling cacti out of me. I find a new needle every day (that sounds like a Neil Young song).

    I put some whiskey
    into my whiskey
    I put some heartbreak
    into my heart
    I took a roll, Lord
    In that old cacti-(iiiiii)
    I got in that car, Lord
    and headed home

    Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....

    but before i got home
    i stopped at the river
    to see if my luck would hold

    stepped on a boat
    opened a new bottle
    recalling why i feel so old

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then that river consumed me, as I consumed myself
    While I was toasting the moon,
    drinking to my health

    An old man came by, talkin bout being old
    Waiting to die, before he got
    sold

    to, to, ...
    the wind

    ReplyDelete