Thursday, February 28, 2008

FEAR AND THE TEMPTATION TO LIFE

FEAR AND THE TEMPTATION TO LIFE

i felt a little bit rebellious
i didn't put my seatbelt on
i drove a long ways ... i was a little bit nervous... careful... i watched the cars and stayed in my lane


drving on a dark curvey road, i didn't want to be too risky.
I put my seltbelt on. Ahhh, that feel's better. More comfortable. In tact.


most cars go around me
i stay in my middle lane... move to the right... speed up a little
too many cars passing me


my dad didn't wear his seatbelt once
...got in a wreck
...broke his neck
...ruined his life
...can't hardly walk still
...constant pain... can't hardly turn his neck...


(can't hardly talk either - but he never really could)


it hurts to see him... he gave me a watch recently...
called and said he had about 10 and wanted to know if i wanted one
i said "sure"
i'm wearing it now


"X Alert!" ..."KA Band!" - my radar dectector speaks to me... i hit the brakes - don't see any cops
cars are passing me still - i've got my seatbelt on
i move to the right lane


i got pulled over once
one freaking day when i didn't have my radar detector
a friendly cop pulled me over


- he told me to turn around and put my hands behind my back
he snapped metal handcuffs onto my wrists
he put me in his car
we left my car on the side of the road - highway 290
he took me to jail -


he left - i haven't seen him since.


he said, "too bad... you seem like a nice guy"
(my license was expired or something - i totally didn't know it...
some glitch in the mailing system...
my fault.
my problem.)


they frisked me
they signed me in and took my stuff in my pockets
they took away my shoes
they put me in a cold concrete holding room
with other guys - who were bad too
they gave me a blanket. there was a small plastic window
you could see the cops doing stuff
they couldn't hear you
everybody was depressed


i drive slow
i watch for cops
i wear my watch


i started to not wear my seatbelt driving to work today
i wanted to be risky - and a bit defiant
i snapped it on after a few miles
i kind of enjoyed it though - i was awake a little bit


i went back to sleep - finished my drive to work
i was awake for a little bit though
anxious - but awake
careful - but living


i think a seatbelt is a false security
- it probably shouldn't be a law
- you can get pulled over for not wearing one


i am a pussy
i'm wearing my watch though


...in case i ever need to know what time it is


.

3 comments:

  1. Hey,
    What is this???
    So what's new
    everybody is in the same hassle.
    Rules are for those who need them
    personally I don't give a damn
    Rules suck.
    The imposition of someoneelse's
    opinion, who do they think they are?
    Does a seat belt make them a better person?
    I don't think so
    A better driver, probably not.
    It is teling though
    They love to be told what to do and they don't generally think things through. Just don't disturb them by trying to get them to think.
    Don't ask them to open their minds to the possibility that
    they are being dupped
    they are being manipulated by
    somone who's goal is to get control
    of where you go and how you get there and on top of this they want to get into your head.
    Someone is playing mind games ya think???
    I am worn down by all of this.
    So I guess I'll just get my seat belt on anyway
    The hell with the fight

    ReplyDelete
  2. see.... you're a pussy too....

    (its just poetry, dude.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like your poem better now that I read it again.... maybe we can call it a Part II :)

    ReplyDelete